Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK280 aka Sheila
284 Posts
This my first posting in which I need advice on. :smile:
You see like I have mentioned in my introduction post. I'm pretty good at the mechanical side, but no so hot when its electrical. :|
So with that in mind I am wanting to fit a additional fusebox to accommodate front and rear recording camera's, ambient lighting, maybe a few other things too.
I'm thinking of fitting the extra fuse box near the original one. But I would like to know which would be the best wire to connect too. Has I am wanting the power for the extra fuse box to be live only when the ignition is turned on. :x

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link Myk.
But its a yes and no to my question.
Yes it would do, but a No has l'm no closer to which fuse to put it into. :x

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,110 Posts

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Success

Hi Myk,
After taking your advice on searching around here, I did find what I was looking for. Even though it did take me most of the night reading thread after thread.
But I did come across one which member Curro 101 posted in "Aftermarket parking sensors" (#98), which has a photo and description of fuse amplification. Then member JonB posted in the same thread (#108), in which fuse numbers was stated and what is on each ignition fed fuse.I have decided to go with fuse number '43', which (according to JonB) is for the horn only.
Either later today or over the coming weekend I will be attempting to fit the additional fusebox. Of course, I will be taking photos of each stage.

So once again I thank you for pointing me in the right direction. :x

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looking at your fuse box, do you see any open slots? Not missing a fuse, but the fuse holder installed (the colored plastic fuse holder). If you have a missing holder, you can obtain one, they are not universal, and install it and run your power from there. I think I used the empty 42 (RHD: Steering column module) slot and created a BUSS bar (see attachment). If you have Right Hand Drive, you could use the LHD slot 33.

Attachments

·
26,110 Posts
Hi Myk,
After taking your advice on searching around here, I did find what I was looking for. Even though it did take me most of the night reading thread after thread.
But I did come across one which member Curro 101 posted in "Aftermarket parking sensors" (#98), which has a photo and description of fuse amplification. Then member JonB posted in the same thread (#108), in which fuse numbers was stated and what is on each ignition fed fuse.I have decided to go with fuse number '43', which (according to JonB) is for the horn only.
Either later today or over the coming weekend I will be attempting to fit the additional fusebox. Of course, I will be taking photos of each stage.

So once again I thank you for pointing me in the right direction. :x
Photos would be appreciated.
You could add to the thread you found.

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Myk, I wish I knew how to do what you asked. But I'm not sure how to do it, also not sure how to attach photo either. Pleaae, please, please would you talk me though in doing both. :x

·
26,110 Posts
Hi Myk, I wish I knew how to do what you asked. But I'm not sure how to do it, also not sure how to attach photo either. Pleaae, please, please would you talk me though in doing both. :x
If you scroll down this thread for posting an intro you will find
instructions to add photos for Red (Full) and Blue (Classic) versions.
https://www.slkworld.com/forum-operations-help-center/536577-how-post-introduction-photos-see-post-2-a.html

The only smartphone guide is https://www.slkworld.com/forum-operations-help-center/357946-why-your-iphone-photos-upside-down-how-fix.html

Do not add more than 2 photos at a time. It may time out.
You can add more than 2 photos in total.

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Myk, that explains alot now. Hopefully I will be able to get the photos attached.
I had a small look today of where I was hoping to fit the additional fusebox. But the engine bay is so packed. That being said I now may have to put the additional fusebox within the battery top cover, or on the outside.
Only time will tell. Stay turned for further installments. :x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts