Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I picked up my slk from storage about a month ago. I took it to an inspection the same day as it's mandatory by law in Finland. During the inspection there were no faults or noise and it passed the inspection with flying colors.
But now after about 500km (as of posting the odometer has 65 000km on it) the right front brake has started to make a squeaking noise. It sounds almost as if there's something rubbing the brake disc. And it's loud. It can be easily heard inside the car. At first the noise was only present when turning right, but now it makes noise when driving at slower speeds (max 20km/h). It's driving me insane and I hope that there would be an easy fix.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,927 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take out the pads and apply some copper grease on the back of the pads.
I always thought copper grease was for when it squeals while breaking. I don't hear any excess noise when braking. Only when driving and turning right in slow speeds. Although I'm not a handy car guy by any means.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I think that's the best bet. I've already scheduled a maintenance for the brakes, but I figured I'd still ask if there's some really easy to do fix. Such as hard breaking etc. (which I've tried). Hopefully it's just the brake pads and not the disc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts