Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, we have just changed car to a 2008 SLK350. We love it but have a few problems to solve. The first is an engine diagnostic warning light on the dash. I ran my i980 iCarsoft scanner and it reports: fault 0746 1/1 self adaptation of mixture formation for enleanment at idle for right cylinder bank below permissible level (P0172). I removed the air intake assembly and checked the filters etc. All seems well. Any pointers please for things to check? I am guessing that the right cylinder bank is on the right as you look forward when sitting in the car? I cleared the code, but expect it to return again (it was cleared once before).
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i860. I reset the code and checked the air intake and filters. The filters are clean, but there was a piece of leaf in one side of the housing. I removed it, and so far the warning symbol has not returned......fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A quick update that might help others - This fault code kept coming back, and recently I had a service at a main dealer here in France, Patrick Lornay in Cognac. I asked for the air filters to be changed and an occasional squeaking from the folding door mirrors to be checked out and the parts cleaned and lubricated.. When I collected the car, I was told that the filters were fine, and didn't need changing. The warning sign came back, so I ordered Bosch filters. When I changed them, I found that the old filters were absolutely filthy, and full of bits of insects etc. Since changing, the fault has completely disappeared, and the car sailed through the emissions test for the Control Technique. Should anyone get this fault, I would thoroughly recommend starting with new filters. I will not be returning to this dealer. They failed to attend to the mirrors too. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,215 Posts
And how much did they charge you for this non-service? No need to reply, a rhetorical question ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts