Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn on my slk 320 before odometer miles comes up Buzzes and blink showing 2 wrench and minus sign - with miles some number miles showing..
Did the reset thing in position 2 then position 0 heard ring or bell sound but then again when I start it up back to where it was buzzes and showing symbol of 2 wenches and minus sign and numbers again... Can I reset it or does it have to be done and the dealership? 2004 slk 320 R-170 model.

Thanks for any and all help

jnc 1948 Charlotte NC New and first time Benz owner and yes oil and filter
has been changed....

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
106,115 Posts
did u check and try the reset procedures in the r170 diy section?

·
106,115 Posts

·
106,115 Posts

·
106,115 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK got it .... Now the question is....Have not drove it after getting it reset tonight... so when I start it up bzzie but goes right to the
odometer shows me the miles... Question when will I start seeing maybe 1 wrench showing me miles or days till next time it is do for service....

jnc 1948 sorry for all the questions 1st time Benz owner.....

·
106,115 Posts
so it shows you the miles at the bottom? 10000?
then you will get the wrench when it thinks you need an oil change

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,537 Posts
It usually starts showing up about a month before a service is due,
or you can bring it up in the display by pressing the knob thats directly to the left of the speedometer twice within a second.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info and your help...Got it to reset...and even got to check the oil on the OD and it said ok and then press button showed wrench (one) 10,000 So I guess I am all set to the next oil change... thanks again....so when it get close to the time for the next oil change will the wrench come up to remind me with less miles to go? At that time dealer said I will need both the 2 air filters and cabin filter replaced....

jnc1948 NC USA

·
106,115 Posts
yes, that is correct. wrench will show up.. time left for service might even fluctuate up or down. covered in that book called, oh what is it called? oh yes, the owner's manual! :D :D :D

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes a manual Have been reading it... Was surprise in was in the 2004 slk and I also downloaded one off the internet...

All I am missing now is the tools and lug wrench do have the bolts for the spare tire and the jack... Will look on line to order the other things that I will need. I guess that will be better then getting them from the dealership...

Thanks again

PS love the ride.....

jnc1948

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.