Mercedes SLK World banner
141 - 160 of 228 Posts
ECU/TCU reset

I have used the ECU/TCU reset procedure on both my old AMG's (C36 and C32) with noticeable results in each. Most MB dealers do this when they service the car because it will be more responsive and snappy to the owners. I tend to poke around a lot in the SLK with it in C-mode and noticed that when I switch to S-mode it went back to being more responsive. I suspect that it learns in each mode independently. The throttle response will be better and the upshifts snappier.

Irish

I guess I must be a leadfoot, I tend to light up those black rubber things on the back of my car, lots of smoke comes out them an a regular basis. The reset didn’t do anything for me.

Discussion starter · #149 ·
HI - does this work in all Drive modes as in E OR S or M? Or should I set it the mode that I frequently drive?
I would do it in the one you use the most. :D

I reset the ECU/TCU this morning and took a ride in the rain - first time putting miles on with the top up. Ran very well but a little difficult to detect a difference due to the rain an flooded roads. Tomorrow is expected to be bright and sunny!!

Discussion starter · #151 ·
Then if you drove slow
You’ll have to reset it again granny

If you want instant throttle response then you need to do those changes in the ecu

Discussion starter · #156 · (Edited)
yes...
Hi, does this really work on r172 350? I didnt notice any difference?
unless you did not do it correctly

please post an intro thread

Post an introduction. It is like starting a conversation by saying 'Hello'.
Wondering what to say?
Look at other members introductions. Some are detailed, others are short.

141 - 160 of 228 Posts