Mercedes SLK World banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
ECU/TCU reset

I have used the ECU/TCU reset procedure on both my old AMG's (C36 and C32) with noticeable results in each. Most MB dealers do this when they service the car because it will be more responsive and snappy to the owners. I tend to poke around a lot in the SLK with it in C-mode and noticed that when I switch to S-mode it went back to being more responsive. I suspect that it learns in each mode independently. The throttle response will be better and the upshifts snappier.

Irish

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,422 Posts
I guess I must be a leadfoot, I tend to light up those black rubber things on the back of my car, lots of smoke comes out them an a regular basis. The reset didn’t do anything for me.

·
Registered 2015 SLK 350
508 Posts
Another believer, went to the garage this morning sat in the car and followed the procedure for the reset. I then went for a long drive and there was for sure a marked difference in how the car performed. Thanks, Jeff.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
HI - does this work in all Drive modes as in E OR S or M? Or should I set it the mode that I frequently drive?
I would do it in the one you use the most. :D

·
Registered 2008 SLK280
83 Posts
I reset the ECU/TCU this morning and took a ride in the rain - first time putting miles on with the top up. Ran very well but a little difficult to detect a difference due to the rain an flooded roads. Tomorrow is expected to be bright and sunny!!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Then if you drove slow
You’ll have to reset it again granny

·
Registered
6 Posts
Being new to a SLK, thanks I’ll have to try this. by the way, thanks Livefreeordie,as I just received a ‘00 R170. I’ve s lot to learn about it

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,286 Posts
If you want instant throttle response then you need to do those changes in the ecu

141 - 154 of 154 Posts