Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Remember that your door needs to be closed.

The first part about within 4 seconds is incorrect. When all else fails read the owners manual, and it says "push button 1 twice within 1 second of turning the ignition switch to position 2". I was doing it within 4 seconds but not within 1 second. Worked just like the manual said it would.

Reset FSS
Open the door, put the key on the ignition, close the door.
Move start switch into position "2"
Within the first 4 seconds after moving start switch into position "2", press the reset button for trip counter twice within one second.
The display for the service request is thus activated for 10 seconds
Within these 10 seconds move start switch into position "O". The service request continues to be displayed
Press reset button for trip counter and hold pressed
Move start switch into position "2"
Continue to hold reset button for trip counter (about 10 seconds) until the signal sounds and the new start distance appears in the display.

How To Reset Flexible Service System (FSS) | Mercedes-Benz R170 SLK

·
Registered
667 Posts
Turn key to position 2.
Within 1 second press button 1 twice.
The present status for days or distance is displayed. Within 10 seconds turn key in steering lock to position 0.
Press and hold button 1, while turning key in steering lock to position 2 again. The present status for days or distance is displayed once more. Continue to hold button 1. After approximately 10 seconds a signal sounds, and the display shows 10,000 miles for approximately 10 seconds.
Release button 1.

This is what I did..... still shows 2 wench picture and -25000 or some thing like that...

JNC 1948

·
97,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
then dealer has to do it if it is over 25000 days which is near impossible!

·
Registered 2001 SLK230
4 Posts
I realize I am a little late posting here. I just purchased a 2001 SLK 230. It had the flashing FSS indicator. I tried the owners manual procedure many, many times, nothing worked. So, I followed this procedure: hood open, driver door closed, start engine, let run, shut off, then put in position 2, quickly pressed left reset button twice, moved to 0, press and held, moved to position 2 and it beeped and reset to 10000! Starting and stopping the engine seemed to do the trick.

·
97,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I realize I am a little late posting here. I just purchased a 2001 SLK 230. It had the flashing FSS indicator. I tried the owners manual procedure many, many times, nothing worked. So, I followed this procedure: hood open, driver door closed, start engine, let run, shut off, then put in position 2, quickly pressed left reset button twice, moved to 0, press and held, moved to position 2 and it beeped and reset to 10000! Starting and stopping the engine seemed to do the trick.
Not too late. Thread is 6 years old :D don't forget your free gift!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts