Mercedes SLK World banner

How far are you willing to travel?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies for the fact that this has been reposted - I mucked up the Poll, as I wanted it set so that we could all see who had placed a vote and I mustn't have ticked the right box!!!

So if you are based in the UK and are interested in a meet up - both R170 and R171 can you please indicate how far you would be willing to travel.

Obviously would be looking for somewhere in central UK, so am also open to suggestions.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
lol. deja vu here.
should we not get options of where people would rather meet up like Kendal, New forest, Cheshire Oaks etc etc...

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I would of come, but you didn't put an option to travel 4500miles. ;) unless you have it near crimbo and I'll come along in my rental KIA. Kendal mint cake. Mmmm Hehe I'm from near blackpool so cumbria was my playground when I was out racing the bike.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a method to my madness - honest!!!!

I thought if I see how far people would be willing to travel, then from there I should be able to work out what locations would be available, and then there will be a choice - and then the next thing is sorting a date out!!!! lol

The roads in Cumbria are just fab, especially when you've driven them all your life!!!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
COME ON UK PEOPLE ....VOTE FOR THE BEARD OF ZEUS!!!!!!!
:tazz: :tazz:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
ok. looks like serious limited interest here.
how about an autumn meet somewhere. we could arrange it alongside the Zfrum lads, so we could compare slk vs Z4's or even ask the s2000 boys to join along aswell. call it a convertible car club meet? just some ideas.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I'm now back posting on SLK World, so will start thinking and working on a UK meet again, over the next few weeks.

Though must admit am thinking of going for an April date - in the hopes of getting some nice top down driving weather!!!! R)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, A new member here, it really depends on whats on offer. I'll travel any distance for a well organised event held over a weekend, but not very far if it's for some banter about SLK's over a beer on a Thursday night.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At the moment I'm not too sure of either venue or date. Though the only thing I can say with some certainy is that it will probably be sometime after March - mainly in the hopes of getting some top down weather!!! R)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
:bannana: well unless it's a day event no point in me venturing across the pond. would be good fun tho. leave it be unitl at least april so as to get some decent weather to enjoy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:bannana: well unless it's a day event no point in me venturing across the pond. would be good fun tho. leave it be unitl at least april so as to get some decent weather to enjoy.
Thats what I'm thinking about April time, plus it also gives me longer to try and put something decent together - fingers crossed!!! :rb

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
haha great idea woolly as i haven't bought one yet purely beacuse im absolutely useless at electricals and wouldn't approach this fitting by myself and i don't trust anyone else to be playing with my slk's electrics.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts