Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
314 Posts
I've just been out and looked at a black one in Liverpool and a high spec silver one in chester .
All I can recommend is don't call it ugly until you see it in the metal , I think it's a far better looking car than the 172 and the interior is even nicer , I like it so much I'm probably going to order a 43 amg on Saturday , especially as chester is offering a discount !

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
314 Posts
4k off list but amg model has most things I want as standard , for perspective their show model 200 has a list price of 50 k ! Limited build slots , if your thinking of one try car wow , Grimsby mercedes offered 2.5k discount then I used that as leverage in chester , liverpool wouldn't entertain me .

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
314 Posts
I went with an open mind thinking it was ugly from looking at the pics but like most new cars these days it will grow on me with time .
As soon as I saw the silver one I wanted one , it is very high spec and has the gloss black outer trim pack and amg wheels and suspension so it's more or less what the 43 looks like anyway .
I've got no interest in fancy nav or driver assist options , may as well hand your licence back in if you can't keep it on your side of the road and your not able to read road signs , so I'll probably just buy a base spec amg 43 :smile:
They definitely look a lot more impressive in the metal .

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
drivethedeal.com have a little over 12% off all SLCs and all options. I just specced a £50,000 list SLC 43 and it came out at £43650.

I'm very much looking forward to July 2017 when one will doubtless grace my driveway. Until then I'll just have to suffer on with our combination of CDi250 and SLK 55. I'll get through the next 15 months somehow :)

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
It's also very interesting that the AMG guy in the first video makes great play of the fact that the 43 is the fastest car they've ever made in the segment round a track. But then the guy in the second video, even when prompted, doesn't mention the engine in the 43 - he just keeps banging on about the diamond grille and the A-wing front bumper with the "torch" headlamps. All very AMG apparently.

Which says to me it's probably a quicker car than the 55 in real terms but they're REALLY sensitive about the engine.

·
Registered looking for SLK
177 Posts
Yes I agree with you wja96.

I think MB I have taken a lot of stick with regards to them dropping the V8.
No doubt the 43 will be a fine car, but for me it had to be a V8 so I had to pass

I'm considering the C63 in either coupe or cabriolet guise at the tail end of this year.

I will still like to participate in discussions on SLK World because it's the friendliest of car forums that I subscribe to.

Interesting to note that the AMG boss said he would choose the C63 coupe
as the family car. That speaks a lot.

·
Registered--sold my 2014 SLK55 AMG
513 Posts
Did he check space at the rear in the new C coupe? There's not a lot of it. Previous wasn't the biggest one but new one seems to be more cramped. I've seen cabriolet in Geneva and it looked ok.

According to MB website, there's £5K retailer deposit when taking finance. Orangewheels shows similar discount. £4K on SL43. Not sure why ex-demo SLC have such high prices. Maybe they think some crazy person will want it right now and pay extra.

Diamond grills is coming with AMG line version. I wonder how much is standard grill and cost of swapping it pre-delivery. It makes sense to order SLC43 for all the toys which are standard but then wheels and leather choices are limited.

·
*Registered
2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
Diamond grills is coming with AMG line version. I wonder how much is standard grill and cost of swapping it pre-delivery. It makes sense to order SLC43 for all the toys which are standard but then wheels and leather choices are limited.
My lease broker, who works with Mercedes dealers in the South West, reckons that if you want the "standard" upholstery it will be possible for no extra cost.

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG
391 Posts
2016 Mercedes-AMG SLC 43 review | Autocar

Really interesting review, had not seen this one. Glad they have finally changed the roof operation and the sport plus mode sounds interesting - a shame to hear about the exhaust note.

I need to test drive one at some point. While quite cheap though, it is cheap for a reason - it just isn't a true AMG and barely a facelift. Will wait for the next generation I think.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.