Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am slowly working my my through the problems I am finding in my newly acquired SLK. I had a problem with the siren and after reading some pots here, found it and took it apart, the PCB was indeed f......
A new part would cost £98 which is more than I am wiling to spend on this at the moment. I was wondering if anyone had used a siren from another model, I have noticed that they mostly have 3 wires and was thinking I could maybe get a newer one from another model, connect it up by splicing the wires but was wondering if anyone had tried to do this and succeeded.
:nerd:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,
I am slowly working my my through the problems I am finding in my newly acquired SLK. I had a problem with the siren and after reading some pots here, found it and took it apart, the PCB was indeed f......
A new part would cost £98 which is more than I am wiling to spend on this at the moment. I was wondering if anyone had used a siren from another model, I have noticed that they mostly have 3 wires and was thinking I could maybe get a newer one from another model, connect it up by splicing the wires but was wondering if anyone had tried to do this and succeeded.
:nerd:
Hi Ayal

Did you ever fix this issue .... I have problems with mine and am hoping to find a easy fix

regards
Richard

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,326 Posts
Hi Ayal

Did you ever fix this issue .... I have problems with mine and am hoping to find a easy fix

regards
Richard
Ayal has not been back since
Last Activity: 09-20-2015

let's notify him and see if he arises
@Ayal Zirlin

·
Registered
31 Posts
Alarm siren???? Our cars come with alarms?

I have the panic button on my key fob but have never pressed it. Also, when I lock my car, the corner turn signals flash a couple of times....but I've never heard a "queek queek", nor an alarm sound.

I don't mean to highjack this thread but can anyone tell me if I have one and how to test it....2004 SLK230?

Also, can our cars have an aftermarket alarm system installed? Or are we limited to the air locks? Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Alarm siren???? Our cars come with alarms?

I have the panic button on my key fob but have never pressed it. Also, when I lock my car, the corner turn signals flash a couple of times....but I've never heard a "queek queek", nor an alarm sound.

I don't mean to highjack this thread but can anyone tell me if I have one and how to test it....2004 SLK230?

Also, can our cars have an aftermarket alarm system installed? Or are we limited to the air locks? Thanks!

Different to my UK car. However if you lock the car then open trunk or windows the alarm should sound if its fitted.

Slim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.