Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 SLK 172 has an Apple 30 pin male connector cable in the center console. I'm trying to connect my iPhone 6 which has the newer lightning female plug. I've tried various adaptors and extensions but get a message that they are incompatible. The other end of the Mercedes 30 pin connector plugs into what looks like a proprietary plug in the console. I'm wondering if Mercedes makes a lightning cable that will plug into this socket and replace the 30 pin one.
Would appreciate any help.

·
*Registered
2015 SLK250d
228 Posts
Mercedes do a cable

Yeo Mercedes do do a new style cable according to my dealer, price I think was £50.
Thet insist on supplying the old cable as standard, even on my new SLK:frown:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. I was using an Apple adaptor until last week but then started getting a message that it was incompatible. After reading your messages, I bought a new Apple adaptor, planning to return it if there was still a problem. It worked. Something must have gone wrong with my previous one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.