Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK200
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am replacing the fuel pump and I encounter following problem.

The pump is out of the house and outside the tank, but is still fixed in a plastic cylinder, with a filter at the bottom and the electrical connections and fuel connection at the top

How do I get the pump out of that cylinder? Sorry for my rude question but I can't find a solution and I'm afraid of damage.

Thank you in advance for your advice

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,729 Posts
This addresses your "in a plastic cylinder" comment. In all likelyhood, they say that entire unit is replaced/can't buy parts separately.

Till others show up:

Reactions: Squishband

·
Registered 2005 SLK200
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This addresses your "in a plastic cylinder" comment. In all likelyhood, they say that entire unit is replaced/can't buy parts separately.

Till others show up:
Ok thanks, now i understand, i was misled by online shops in belgium Brandstofpomp VDO A2C53044857Z Electrisch, Benzine — Bestel nu!

·
Registered 2005 SLK200
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thks,
The module that holds the pump can be taken apart.

With a little force, the top part will click loose and you can easily disconnect the connections from electricity and pipes from the pump.

But now a different problem arises, when I tested the pump and she is ok, hopefully part number 50 is broken, otherwise all the work would be for nothing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts