Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to do brakes and rotors all the way around on my 2002 SLK, and new sensors come with the pads. I was figuring I might as well replace them at the same time since I have them. I am assuming that once you slide the sensor out of the boot on the caliper, the other end is just a clip of some sort that pulls out. Has anyone done this, and is it as simple as I am thinking?
BTW, if you have just a little skill and a few hours, doing a brake job on your own is a huge money saver. From the quotes I got, I am going to save around $650, or more, and I just did all four wheels on our Volvo, rotors and pads, and it only took me 3 hours. If I had a lift, or there was a way to jack up two wheels at a time on the car it would have even gone faster.

·
*Premium Member
2002 SLK230K
17,154 Posts
I did ceramic pads all the way around five years ago and used the same sensors with no problems. But since you already have them the replacement is very simple, just be careful not to break the wire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.