Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered 2001 SLK200
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Because one of my fobs is dead right now and it is hard to get new key/fob from MB I started to wonder if it is possible to replace or ad second central locking system.
First I got info that to change keys I have to exchange ECU, immobiliser, gearbox steering and to reprogram ECU. Even local MB service would't do this.
So the second thought was to add central locking unit to have doors lock unlock with remote.
What I know:
On central console there is momentary switch that locks/unlocks car. I removed that panel and checked. There are two microswitches that do this operation. At the back of the switches console, there are bunch of connectors, From left to right one 2pin vertical connector, then horizontal slot with 9 pins, and another connector with single pin. Whole locking unlocking operation is performed witing this middle 9 pin slot.
Unlocking (bottom microswitch) simple shortens pin 2 and 6, locking (upper microswitch with diode) also shorthens pin 2 and 6 but with resistance of 200 ohms (resistor code red/black/black/black/red).
My idea is to solder wires to switches than connect them to new central locking console to open/close terminals. I have additional alarm unit and it is possible to have it controlled with remotes from new central locking unit
Does anyone have better idea ? Any thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.