Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered Looking for an SLK
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I bought the car last November ive not had the locking wheel socket thing so went to Robisons Mercedes dealer in Norwich and they were extremely helpful had boxes full of them tried a few till one fitted then ordered one for me.
I was expecting to pay about £40 but came to £29 with vat which is far cheaper than getting a place to break the four off (cheapest quote I got was £50) and buying new ones.
So for once going to the dealer was the cheapest option the only trouble was I ended up drooling over a lovely black SL with cream leather interior if only I had 82 grand.

Dave :tu:

·
Registered
287 Posts
My Indy shop is owned by a long time Mercedes service manager. He tells me that the dealers are barely covering costs on warranty work, so they need to make it up on non-warranty repairs. Their parts margins are ok. I have actually found them to be fairly competive on many parts, especially ones that can be sourced from a third party.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Since I bought the car last November ive not had the locking wheel socket thing so went to Robisons Mercedes dealer in Norwich and they were extremely helpful had boxes full of them tried a few till one fitted then ordered one for me.
I was expecting to pay about £40 but came to £29 with vat which is far cheaper than getting a place to break the four off (cheapest quote I got was £50) and buying new ones.
So for once going to the dealer was the cheapest option the only trouble was I ended up drooling over a lovely black SL with cream leather interior if only I had 82 grand.

Dave :tu:
locking wheel socket thing???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.