Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a 2007 SLK 350. I called Mercedes Service in Richmond, BC. They said it would cost $400 for the key and $100 for programming. Does anyone know of anywhere else I can go to get a replacement key at a cheaper price?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
My first suggestion would be to call around to as many Mercedes dealers as you can reasonably drive to and see what they will charge. If you have a particular dealer that you do your service at and already spend a lot of $$ with then I would have a conversation with the Service advisor and see if they can give you a break on the price. Unfortunately you are dealing with a "Theft Relevant Part" which I believe reduces your options dramatically.

I think that I paid $200-$300 for my second key from the local dealer.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
As Gene says - the only place to get a key is from Mercedes/Mercedes main dealer. Don't even look at eBay ones.

We love our cars, we don't want people stealing them, (unfortunately?? ) we have to pay for that privilege :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is that an option - to go outside of the province/country?
My dealer in Toronto (Queensway) told me that I needed to go to a Quebec dealer to get my key, because my car is still registered in Quebec. Only after changing to Ontario ownership etc could they order me a key...

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,350 Posts
Three years ago but a new key from my dealer. Only had to show proof of ownership. They ordered the key and took two days for delivery. Picked it up in parts department and it worked without the dealer doing anything to the car. Cost was $200 US. asked if it had to be programmed and the guy in parts said no just use it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts