Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

It has now been 6 days since I bought a 2001 SLK 200, R170.444. The car needs a few minor repairs, but the biggest ones are the fenders/ wings, which I want to replace (all 4 of them). (Using both "fenders" and "wings" in this post, hoping to get a response from either UK, US or anywhere else in the world...)

The car has had a complete paintjob some time in the past, and looks great - but unfortunately, the car has the Mercedes decease: Rusty fenders/wings. Rather than trying to fix them, I plan to replace them, as the car will be used only on sunny days, and will be stored inside in the winters - so new fenders/ wings will last "forever", compared to trying to fix the ones on the car, only to see rust appearing again in a few years.

But: I can't find replacement fenders/wings anywhere on the net. Does anyone know where I could buy some?

Also: I have not been able to find a workshop manual or any DIY book for SLK - any tips, anyone?

And finally: Does anyone know if both front and rear fenders/wings are bolt-on, or if they are welded/glued?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Best regards;
Thomas

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mercedes dealers should be able to get you the front wings which are bolt on but the rears are welded and need repair panels again a dealer should be able to supply, geniune MB are in most cases cheaper than pattern parts plus fit properly. You will be asked for the vehicle registration number as this will tell the dealer whether your car is pre or post facelift as the panels are slightly different. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts