Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my PSE pump (new OEM part from Germany) today in my 98' SLK230. My original PSE was not worth saving (broken resistors on circuit board, extensive corrosion etc..). Everything is now functioning correctly however, when I turn the ignition to position 2 the horn chirps! It seems like it is doing some sort of safety check.

I have read somewhere that the PSE pump may need to be 'coded'?

Anyone have any idea how to disable this horn chirp?

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I replaced the PSE on my 01 SLK320 last spring when it wouldn't work properly because of the extensive corrosion. I never had it "coded" and I have never had the chirping that you are describing.
Have you thought of disconnecting the battery for a while and see if it somehow resets things when you reconnect? Not sure if our MB electronics work that way or not.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know this has been discussed in several threads; and I'm trying to recall since it's been a while since I read about it - but, and please correct me if I'm wrong, I think this single horn in position 2 happens whenever one of the 2001 or newer PSE's are used in a 98, 99, etc. Everything will work fine, but it will give a single horn since it's not properly coded, or something to that effect. Supposedly, the dealership can 'code' them properly in about 30 minutes.

Here's one post that references it -
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/1455530-new-pse-installed-car-beeps-once.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.