Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a slight oil drip from oil separator so I picked up this kit from ECS Tunning. Kit includes oil separator, oil drip pan, Housing cover and breather hose. Plus 4 new screws.

Remove front cover and airbox, separator is on left front of motor. Remove 3 bolts E10 torx, and pull end of hose off nipple on separator. There is no clamp.

Replace screws and reattach hose
Locate oil drip pan and housing cover. Right side of block next to shield and battery box.

Notice old oil and dirt. Detach hose again no clamps and remove 4 bolts. The 2 on the right were easy to remove with E10 Torx scoket. The 2 on the left were removed with a 5/16 wrench.

Pull housing cover off and use E8 torx scoket to remove bolt inside the drip pan(this is a round centerfuige). THE BOLT IS REVERSE THREADED! You must turn clockwise to remove.

Clean surrounding area and reassemble. Place new bolt into centerfuige and tighten counterclockwise. Place new housing cover and install 4 new bolts. E10 torx tighten clockwise. Reattach hose.
I chose not to install new breather hose at this time, it was 90 degrees and the old hose looks fine. Will do at a later date.
Replace airbox and front cover, don't forget the hose in front of airbox.
Start her up and check for leaks. I'm no mechanic, but this was not too difficult. The combination of new Bosch plugs I replaced last mont and new oil separator have my 10 year old, 77K SLK350 running smooth!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.