Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
*Registered
2009 SLK350
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have read through other posts and cannot figure this out. My factory head unit went out (no sound) and I've just replaced with a Pioneer unit that updates the look of the car considerably (as well as sounds great). Unfortunately the clock on the dash is now about 40 min. slow and I cannot figure out how to change it. There are no settings in the dash module. How is this done now?

·
Founding Member 2006
112,741 Posts

·
*Registered
2010 SLK55 AMG
1,839 Posts
If you don't have that in the dash menu, then you'll have to code this with DAS (MBs software to diagnose and program the car). It's an easy thing, but you'll need someone that have that.

I had to do that when I changed to my Android HU.

·
*Registered
2009 SLK350
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you don't have that in the dash menu, then you'll have to code this with DAS (MBs software to diagnose and program the car). It's an easy thing, but you'll need someone that have that.

I had to do that when I changed to my Android HU.
So a trip to the dealer is in order? Where can I acquire DAS?

·
Founding Member 2006
112,741 Posts

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,551 Posts
Read this.

·
*Registered
2006 SLK55 AMG
10 Posts
Have read through other posts and cannot figure this out. My factory head unit went out (no sound) and I've just replaced with a Pioneer unit that updates the look of the car considerably (as well as sounds great). Unfortunately the clock on the dash is now about 40 min. slow and I cannot figure out how to change it. There are no settings in the dash module. How is this done now?

I dont have an answer to your question, but please tell me which pioneer did you install and did you have to purchase any extra parts or kits to have it installed? thank you in advance.

·
*Registered
2009 SLK350
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sneaky Pete's link has what I think I need.
" think you will need to set "Comand = NOT PRESENT" with DAS/STAR. Aps50 is not really a Comand,more an "el cheapo" version of it, but it does set the date/time taken from the GPS signal. If you configure the car to Comand = NOT PRESENT you should get the set date/time option in the MFD menu.
From another site, find someone with DAS/STAR and then goto:

Control modules > Communications > instrument cluster > Control Unit adaptions > Optional equipment >

Comand = NOT PRESENT "

Unless someone in the North County San Diego has a DAS/STAR that we can hook up; I'll likely go to the dealer for this. Another poster stated they paid about the equivalent of $50 two years ago for this setting change. I can live with that.
(no whining now...)

To answer Azul, It's a Pioneer NEX1700 with steering adapter and a replacement AMP. I've gained Apple Car play and the ability to control this from the steering up/down buttons. The whole look is a lot more modern and fits the dash nicely.
I'll post again as I finally find a resolution.

·
*Registered
2004 SLK200K
24 Posts
Another solution is to pull fuse no. 30 (cockpit drivers side). Then wait and reinstall the fuse at exactly 12.00 o-clock noon. The analog clock will then start at 12.00 0-clock.
Cheers Tage

·
*Registered
2009 SLK350
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another solution is to pull fuse no. 30 (cockpit drivers side). Then wait and reinstall the fuse at exactly 12.00 o-clock noon. The analog clock will then start at 12.00 0-clock.
Cheers Tage
Just tried this to no avail. Guess I'm going to go to the dealer to see what they charge to set this properly. Makes sense to get it controlled from the dash menu again.

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK350
3,551 Posts
Just tried this to no avail. Guess I'm going to go to the dealer to see what they charge to set this properly. Makes sense to get it controlled from the dash menu again.
You can always disconnect ground from the battery and reconnect it at exactly 12:00. That should always work. But have the car reconfigured is the best way,I agree.

·
*Registered
2009 SLK350
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got back from dealer a little while ago. They changed the cluster to manual change versus automatic receive. Checked and stereo works including steering controls and I now have a date/time menu on the dash cluster settings! Cost an hour's labor but worth it to restore full functionality to car. no whining now...

·
Founding Member 2006
112,741 Posts
Great! marking thread as resolved :D

·
Founding Member 2006
112,741 Posts
you could edit your title/subject but we have 'prefix' for that :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts