Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a USA 2005 SLK350 with "Comand" NAV HU with HK speakers. I've found a ton of information on this site to replace the AD20 HU, But nothing detailed on the "Comand".

If anyone could help me with exactly what Harnesses, connectors, or even connection I would need to make to change the HU and also install and aftermarket AMP to the new HU and HK speakers it would be greatly appreciated. i will take Pics of the complete install, step by step instructions on what i did, etc..

·
Registered 2005 SLK350-sold
997 Posts
I have a USA 2005 SLK350 with "Comand" NAV HU with HK speakers. I've found a ton of information on this site to replace the AD20 HU, But nothing detailed on the "Comand".

If anyone could help me with exactly what Harnesses, connectors, or even connection I would need to make to change the HU and also install and aftermarket AMP to the new HU and HK speakers it would be greatly appreciated. i will take Pics of the complete install, step by step instructions on what i did, etc..
I'm right with you, I just got mine and would like a modern head unit as well. I also have Nav and HK, also Sirius which is currently active, I might wait until it dies then change the HU.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350-sold
997 Posts
So is there a chance that the Sirius will stay active for a longggg time? If it is free, I would hate to lose it. Classic Rewind is my favorite.
Well, that didn't last! On the way home from work yesterday, Sirius cut out, I tried a couple channels and nothing happened. I switched the display to the Sat Radio and a spinning icon and something like "Refreshing Channels" showed up, then all I got was the "Preview" channel. So it worked for just over 3 weeks, oh well.

·
Registered 2009 SLK55 AMG
33 Posts

Did you end up completing this install? I am planning to do the same and was also wondering what all I would need to buy. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.