Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can you thin this product?

I have the same interior paint as in the video. I purchased it a couple of years ago and touched up some small spots with a paint brush. I now have a couple of new spots but the paint has gotten quite thick. I don't know if thinner or acetone will ruin the rubberizing affect when it dries. Has anyone thinned this product with success?

Thanks!

Jon D.

·
Registered 1999 SLK 230
8 Posts
Thank you very much for this post! My console has gotten very ratty looking and this was just what I was looking for. Hopefully the product is still available. Any chance you can post a picture of the product, or the website where it is available? Thanks much in advance!

·
Registered 1999 SLK 230
8 Posts
I found it on the youtube notes, along with the ebay offering, which is what you have. The stuff from Germany looks like a spray paint. I don't think I want to take the whole console apart to spray it so will look into the other, thanks! Are these the only alternatives that anyone knows of? I live in the US if that makes any difference...

·
Registered 1999 SLK 230
8 Posts
My anthracite interior paint arrived this week, was very easy to apply and has made quite a difference, thank you all!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have also made this "patch-up" and it worked fantastically! The paint was extremely close in color considering the car has 14 yrs of aging behind it and it has stood up to wear very nicely. Just make sure to have a clean surface before applying the paint

·
Registered 2002 SLK230
61 Posts
Thank you for the video. From a few years down the line, 2018, I am going to try to touch up - don't think I want a major disassembly to strip and repaint now - with my 2002 SLK R170 with a Magma red interior. Just (yesterday) got the small bottle from Volico (ordered from eBay - the site in Magnus Bj's link has only touch-up pens and spray bottles, BTW). (And they sent me two little bags of Haribo Gummi Bears in the box...cute!) Need a sunnier day than today (it's rainy today in Florida!) and I will try and send aom before and after pictures and say how it went. I think I will try the glove box cover first - take off and try to dress up some scratches and such, after a good cleaning - and see how that goes before I try and and mask a lot and try the little crevices and around the door handle, etc. Again, thanks, king.stivan.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you for the video. From a few years down the line, 2018, I am going to try to touch up - don't think I want a major disassembly to strip and repaint now - with my 2002 SLK R170 with a Magma red interior. Just (yesterday) got the small bottle from Volico (ordered from eBay - the site in Magnus Bj's link has only touch-up pens and spray bottles, BTW). (And they sent me two little bags of Haribo Gummi Bears in the box...cute!) Need a sunnier day than today (it's rainy today in Florida!) and I will try and send aom before and after pictures and say how it went. I think I will try the glove box cover first - take off and try to dress up some scratches and such, after a good cleaning - and see how that goes before I try and and mask a lot and try the little crevices and around the door handle, etc. Again, thanks, king.stivan.
any update on this? looking to buy this paint too because my glove box is scratched to holy hell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interior Paint

I have repaired my center console from a completely disintegrated console. The first picture is how it looked, the second picture is in progress, and the third is the final repair. The secret is to take some old ABS from anywhere, put it in a jar with acetone and let it melt. Use foil tape to shape the missing piece and pour the liquefied ABS into the "mold". This will take many layers. sanding a filing to shape after it all dries up. When done, you can spray with a textured paint, and to finish it off, I used RUSTOLEUM Painters Choice #318513 Flat Black. It is the identical color to the black interior, so, of course it can be used as touch up paint.
I hope this helps someone.

Attachments

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
33 Posts
Folks

Question - the Volico website lists two products for Anthracite interior - 1996-2000 and 2000-2004.
I have pinged the company, but no response so far - maybe someone can confirm my thinking.

I have a face-lift SLK 320 with interior code 211A Anthracite leather.

Was the pre-facelift Anthracite a different code/shade ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.