Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
108,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
*Premium Member
2008 SLK55 AMG
690 Posts
I have this problem on both sides. It wasn't there for the first 3 or 4 years that I've had the car, and has only just showed its ugly head recently. Without fixing the problem, its easy to open the boot lid after opening the roof and just manually moving them onto the hooks. I'm wondering what has changed in the mechanism ? Has something worn? Or broken, as @Delucas has suggested?

·
*Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
232 Posts
I have this problem on both sides. It wasn't there for the first 3 or 4 years that I've had the car, and has only just showed its ugly head recently. Without fixing the problem, its easy to open the boot lid after opening the roof and just manually moving them onto the hooks. I'm wondering what has changed in the mechanism ? Has something worn? Or broken, as @Delucas has suggested?
Great video - but as @Robbie4T says I'm more interested in what the reason is to need an adjustment - if it's wear then where is the wear

·
*Premium Member
2009 SLK350
96 Posts
I watched this video a while ago and seem to remember in the first one him saying something about the clips being slightly bent and it would have been easy just to bend them back, but.........That's where my interest stopped. I bent mine back and they've been fine ever since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts