Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
IT does not sound refined...too whiney IMO (Kleemann's has a slight audible "whistle" that can be heard only from 1,300 - 1,800 rpm). I think Renntech makes a good blower, I'm just partial to Kleemann's as it does not have that inherent whine present in so many other aftermarket supercharger systems. It's odd as my friend Jesse has the Renntech blower & I did not notice this "whine" - his sounds great. Odd. Oh well, different strokes - different folks. :tu:

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a Kleemann guy, although Renntech is pretty good but I went for some kleemann products due to regional differences and closeness of their branches for support.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm a Kleemann guy, although Renntech is pretty good but I went for some kleemann products due to regional differences and closeness of their branches for support.
THAT is what is important - your happiness with the product & the associates service level after your purchases. Glad to hear your mods have worked out. What have you done?....I think you did the Headers and a few other things?

·
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THAT is what is important - your happiness with the product & the associates service level after your purchases. Glad to hear your mods have worked out. What have you done?....I think you did the Headers and a few other things?
I was keeping it a surprise but here goes basically by the end of this month or april I will be a full N/A Kleemann without the cams becuase those are specifically designed for the 5.4 M113 NA's that are going to be supercharged.

·
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a question you might be able to emphasize on, is the sound difference due to the difference in supercharger type ?

The REnntech has the Roots type superchargers that are similar on the SVT Fords whilst the Kleemann has the Lhysom which is basically a S/C with a more linear curve.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
What's a full NA Kleeman without cams?

I thought the main draw of Kleeman were the supercharger and cams?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've got a question you might be able to emphasize on, is the sound difference due to the difference in supercharger type ?

The REnntech has the Roots type superchargers that are similar on the SVT Fords whilst the Kleemann has the Lhysom which is basically a S/C with a more linear curve.
That would be my guess as well. Some people don't mind, actually like a "whine" - its just personal preference. Renntech makes high quality mods & is a very reputable Tuner & I believe offers great ongoing customer service. It's just a good idea to stick with one or the other & not mix & match mods from different Tuner sources or you will lose product "harmonization" as you make various upgrades (my opinion). C-ya!

·
10,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What I meant is that hopefully by the end of the month my car will have the headers installed, for now I have an ecu upgrade, Carlsson/Supersprint X pipe, Kleemann 200 cell primary cats and green filters. So I am looking forward for a more powerful and responsive setup.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
What I meant is that hopefully by the end of the month my car will have the headers installed, for now I have an ecu upgrade, Carlsson/Supersprint X pipe, Kleemann 200 cell primary cats and green filters. So I am looking forward for a more powerful and responsive setup.
so Kleeman header and kleeman primary cat = Full NA kleeman car?

Mods are very nice, but i still don't see how it's a full kleeman car.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Looking forward to your impressions...and sound clips, Mohammed! :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
IT does not sound refined...too whiney IMO (Kleemann's has a slight audible "whistle" that can be heard only from 1,300 - 1,800 rpm). I think Renntech makes a good blower, I'm just partial to Kleemann's as it does not have that inherent whine present in so many other aftermarket supercharger systems. It's odd as my friend Jesse has the Renntech blower & I did not notice this "whine" - his sounds great. Odd. Oh well, different strokes - different folks. :tu:

It does sounded odd compared to Kleemann SC but I think it because the Renntech SC didn't have the airbox installed. I believe the Renntech used the stock OEM airbox that completely covered the SC. Kleemann kit used the OEM E55 Kompressor airbox.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.