Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R1704442F201019
Can anybody help me. I have tried using the WIS system but I am unable to determine what I need to do to remove the carpet from the passenger side. The carpet got wet when the drain holes were blocked, and I would like to remove the carpet to dry it out completely.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
If it's anything like the R171, it's not a trivial job - you need to remove virtually the whole of the interior - seats, dash, centre console, various trim parts etc. etc.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Get a tall large fan and leave it on for a few hours, that should do it. I highly recommend the baking soda from arm&hammer for pets as well. That will deodorize nicely.

·
Registered
274 Posts
its not the carpet that holds all the water but the very thick soundproofing beneath if you move the seat all the way back and remove the plastic trim from the door step area you may be able to lift the carpet enough to dry the soundproofing under there out

·
Registered
68 Posts
there is thick foam under the carpet that saturates and stays wet. i don't thing a fan will get to it. take out the door sill, the kick panel. remove the radio, faceplate, and screws under it, take the screws out of the console and lift it. also remove the front sides of the console. both sides of the carpet are 1 piece. it's not mercedes recommended, but I cut it in half at the console so I can take each side out separate.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I did that in an old ford xr3 after a valeter cleaned the carpets with a steam cleaner if you cut behind the centre console it cant be seen when all back together. the foam took 3-4 hours hanging of a panel stand in front of a waste oil burning stove before they felt even remotely dry

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was able to pull the carpets back enough to remove the foam insulation to dry separately. I must admit I did consider a cut to the carpet along the gear box housing and placing back with double sided tape ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.