Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered 1999 SLK200
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

So here is a short story: I have a '99 R170 which had a relatively small accident before I bought it 7 years ago (right front side hit). So after repairement it got those accessory headlights and then previous owner installed LED daylights.

Now, these daylights died couple of weeks ago and I need to replace them. I have no idea how they were installed and where the electronics box is located (they used to work automatically with some delay so there must be a box somewhere). The thing is I can't just simply unscrew LEDs as the screws are all rusty plus there's really small space and I can't put any bigger tool over there.
So I was thinking, I can remove headlights and the bumper first, then I can figure out how these LEDs were installed there.

Ok, how do I remove the headlights?
I unscrewed the two marked screws but it seems like there is another one in the right lower corner, when observer from the top. Do you have any idea where this third screw might be and how to get there?

Also could you please tell me how to remove the bumper?
Do I have to remove headlights first?

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,464 Posts

·
Registered 1999 SLK200
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the bumper input.

Regarding the headlights, when I try to search the same way, I only get manuals on how to remove the original headlight. But I already have the accessory, halo style headlights installed and there is no separate indicator to remove first.

Could someone please guide me how to remove the halo style ones?
How many screws it actually has?
If 3 then how to get to the last one?
If only 2 then what keeps the headlight still in place after I removed two visible screws?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.