Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have directions on removal of the lower dashboard cover to get access to the seats relay on a 2001 slk320?
Thanks very much

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,553 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com, the elite Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Lakeland, Florida!

Here are just a few easy instructions to make your membership a fun and productive experience:

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.

Also, please introduce yourself:

New Members Introduce Yourself Here - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

The "Search" feature at the top right of the page is for searching the forum. Many questions have already been asked and answered by our knowledgeable members.
If you are having difficulty finding a solution, you can post your question in the appropriate discussion forum. By doing this, you should receive a quicker response, but please be patient as the forum is worldwide and members live in different time zones.
Private Message (pm) is a tool to communicate with other members privately for instructions or just chatting. In order to do this you must have at least 15 posts. It's easy to obtain the posts by clicking on the "New Members Introduce Yourself Here" section and just welcome the new members (like we welcomed you).
As a member you have the privilege to vote and/or enter our Ride of the Month competition, we welcome new SLKs to compete and new members to vote:
ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum
If you have any questions/comments please let us know and we will be happy to help you.

Marykay

·
Registered
161 Posts
does anybody have directions on removal of the lower dashboard cover to get access to the seats relay on a 2001 slk320?
Thanks very much
I repaired my seat relay tonight. there are about 8 screws to remove.
1 behind the fuse cover..use a flat blade screwdriver to remove the cover. the philips screw is top left near the air duct.
3 philips screws underneath. 1 near the bonnet pull, 1 in the middle and one near the transmission tunnel.
1 screw above the air duct adjuster
1 holding the U shapped plastic trim in place below the steering wheel.
2 screws behind the U shaped plastic trim
There are also two screws holding the trim at the base of the footwell. The trim covers the steering column. I undid these but I think you can get away without removing them. If you do, to make life easier on reassembly, put the fixings back in before putting everything back.

I hope this helps.

Whatever you do dont force any of the trim. It all comes away easy enough so long as you've removed the screws.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I have another issue, When I put the shifter in drive, it goes down to D but doesn't stay centered, it goes to the right and it's impossible to downshift or upshift manually. I really don't want to replace the shifter assembly. Any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.