Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I bought my car this summer the check engine light was on due to a bad O2 sensor. I replaced the sensor and about 9,000 miles later the light came back on telling me the sensor was bad again.

Today, Happy Thanksgiving, I had time to look into it. Ready to replace it I removed the "bad" one and upon inspection I saw that there was oil on the connector but oil cannot be seen anywhere else.

I had remembered that there is a technical service bulletin for the face lift SLK 230 about the camshaft postioning sensor leaking oil and whisking it into other connectors. Did a search on the forum and oil from the camshaft postioning sensor can make its way to the MAF, O2 sensor, and ECU without a trace except at the connectors.

So I checked the connector at the camshaft positioning sensor and there was oil there. Oil made its way from there to my O2 sensor so I checked the MAF and the ECU and they were fine.

Next step is to go to the dealer and get it fixed before my ECU gets ruined.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.