Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i am looking for some ideas for the wheels on my 55.

i currently have the stock multi-spokes but when i bought the car they were in abit of a state so the garage had them refurbed for me , the thing is two have started to flake and the 3rd i scuffed and had it repaired but not a good job .

so my idea is .... do i have all four refurbed again or get some new wheels . i was thinking a style like this

i also like these , not to sure about the of-set though

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
The middle one is the AMG Style-IV for the C-series. The Style-IV for the SLK is the one that DaytonaJae, jbanks, DEV7 and myself have (see garage pix). I think the SLK version looks better than the C-series wheel, especially on the SLK.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Adam, if you're thinking about refurbing them, try Romax in Portrack, Stockton. They are a powder coating company and do a helluva good job. Plus all their work is guaranteed.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Same process with WickedWheels - now "Wheel Works",. I had mine done in November, and they look great..

This is the process that they use....

I still haven't had the car out to take pictures - need to do that.

·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Adam, if you're thinking about refurbing them, try Romax in Portrack, Stockton. They are a powder coating company and do a helluva good job. Plus all their work is guaranteed.
yeah thats who i was going to use woolly, on the wheels above the face looks like its machined ( think its called diamond finish ) would this be possible to get this on the wheels i have or is it a factory only finish

·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The middle one is the AMG Style-IV for the C-series. The Style-IV for the SLK is the one that DaytonaJae, jbanks, DEV7 and myself have (see garage pix). I think the SLK version looks better than the C-series wheel, especially on the SLK.

thanks for that , i will check out your pics . it wil be nice to see the wheels on the car

·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same process with WickedWheels - now "Wheel Works",. I had mine done in November, and they look great..

This is the process that they use....

I still haven't had the car out to take pictures - need to do that.

what colour you go for john ? i seem to rember mine as stock were like a crome effect but after i picked the car up they are just silver now

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
603 Posts
I back up Woolly on this one they have refurbed my kerbed wheels twice and recently I hit a lump of concrete in the road resulting in a ripped tyre and a 50mm x 25mm lump out of the side of the wheel. They TIG welded the wheel, machined it and refinished it. They say the TIG is stronger than the original casting. Can't tell the difference in the finish of the wheels, but don't know if they would do just a machined alloy finish.

Best of all you just drive up, leave the car and come back a couple of hours later, work is done, wheels balanced and jump back in the car and drive off.

One thing to be careful of when buying "refurbished" wheels or "brand new AMG wheels" on ebay is that often they aren't what they say they are, they are "pattern". They look good but whether they are up to the standard of the originals is a matter of conjecture. Buyer beware. I bought a set of 17" "AMG" wheels off ebay to fit winter tyres and I have my doubts about whether they are genuine. They look good, but there is something just not right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.