Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 19 year old (July 2000 build date) wheel rims were tarnished, scratched, and looking ugly compared to the pristine beauty of the rest of the car. Faced with either replacement or refinishing, I chose the latter. Total cost, including local taxes of 13% was CAD 605.68 and they now look as if brand new. The car even seems to ride more smoothly - possibly due to a fresh wheel balance or maybe just my imagination (like cars always run better after being washed or waxed) Here are some pictures of the "new" rims. I wish I had also taken some "before" photos.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,473 Posts
Nice job :tu:

Not that I need to yet (some corrosion around the caps) but who did the work for you?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A company in Trenton about twelve minutes away from my home - LKQ/Keystone Automotive Industries ON Inc.
Cost was 119. per rim, plus 15 each to dismount and remount tire & balance wheel, plus HST. You have to deliver rims to them as they do not remove from car. I did NOT find them via internet, but a neighbour told me about them, as he had his truck rims refinished last year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts