Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 1997 SLK230 Kompressor
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fitting a Pioneer SPH 10BT smartphone receiver unit and it is plug and play and works fine. It's a pain to get in and out, so before I push it all the way in I thought I'd better check what the C connector that I removed from the original 1997 cassette unit does. It has two brown wires going to it and seems redundant. Thanks in advance.

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here we go. The connector was in the top slot. Can't remember which two pins were used. But as I say everything seems to work and there is no similar slot on the new unit, just the double ISO (?) for power and speaker etc which was a simple plug in without any modifications.

Attachments

·
Premium member 2001 SLK320
800 Posts
was your old unit a Becker/MB original

it may have been wake-up wiring for a fibre-optic cd changer. or not.

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It was an original Becker MB unit. I found an old post from 2015 asking the same question. The poster never got a reply but decided it was for a CD changer. I certainly don't have one installed but maybe the wiring was just standard? In which cases issue resolved. Thank you all.

PS Reading the Wikipedea "Connectors for car audio" page before I posted the question would have been a good idea ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts