Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You heard it right! Yes...reduced to driving a Twingo!!!! So, we ordered a new 2012 SLK...told we got in under the wire for a June delivery. Well we did from this end (Mercedes military sales in Europe) but, MBUSA decided to not fully submit the order and missed the deadline. So, now we sold our Mini John Cooper Works thinking that we would only need to be with out a second car for a few weeks...we have some holiday time planned in-between so less time needed for a car. The same day we sold our mini MB told us that now we will get a 2013 SLK and have to wait until possibly August!!!!!!!! :mad: Now, I don't mind waiting a little longer...but it would have been nice to know before we committed to selling the mini...we work strange schedules and it is okay to be inconvieneced for a few weeks but a few months in not acceptable!!! So now we were forced to buy a beater second car to fill the gap...a 1998 Renault Twingo! Granted it is a funny little car, but I would definitely rather be driving my fun little mini while I waited for the SLK... MBUSA said they will compensate us for this mistake... But it isn't enough...monetarily or for the shame that follows for driving a Twingo! Oh well, it will just make that SLK all the sweeter when it finally arrives. Maybe the Twingo will be the best thing ever?

For those Americans who don't knw what a Twingo is, here is a link...I will get off my soap box now. :soap:

RENAULT Twingo (1998)

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,524 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.