Banned
433 Posts
camera filmer should have been keeping two hands on the wheel

also, move over if someone is behind you, don't make them pass on the right

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The passenger was taking the video. She was in the passing lane because she WAS passing then the truck went around her on the right.

The guy was sited for:

reckless driving
driving without a seatbelt
leaving the scene of an accident

·
Banned
433 Posts
Did you watch the video? There was no passenger - just a coat on the passenger seat. If the guy behind her got over and passed her on the right, she could've gotten over first. Instead, she's too busy filming someone on her phone WHILE DRIVING. :tazz:

The passenger was taking the video. She was in the passing lane because she WAS passing then the truck went around her on the right.

The guy was sited for:

reckless driving
driving without a seatbelt
leaving the scene of an accident

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's too bad she didn't get a ticket, too. It's illegal to text and drive in Florida, one would think shooting a video would be the same thing!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,370 Posts
My county! Woo Hoo!!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/road-rage-incident-caught-on-video-goes-viral-151924238.html?vp=1

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2014/3/28/hillsborough_county_.html

GIBSONTON --
A road rage incident caught on camera in Hillsborough County is making headlines across the country.

A woman started recording on her phone after she said a man near her in a truck had been aggressively tailgating her vehicle.

When the driver finally passed her, he made an obscene gesture at her and attempted to merge in front of her vehicle.

That's when he lost control of his truck, went onto the shoulder and hit a light pole.

The whole sequence was caught on camera.

According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, Jeffrey White was the man behind the wheel of the truck.

The crash happened Monday along U.S. Highway 41 in Gibsonton.

White is now facing several charges, including careless driving and leaving the scene of an accident.

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
This was actually talked about on a local San Francisco Talk Radio station this morning. I heard it on my way to work. Crazy that I had seen it first early this morning here on this board.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,370 Posts
This has been SLKWorld news! Have a great day and a better tomorrow!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I heard she was actually going to make a left turn up ahead and that's why she was in the left lane. Don't get me wrong- I hate left lane riders as much as anyone!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts