Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered 2016 SLC300
253 Posts
Still not seen one outside the test drive area of the local MB sales here in Eastbourne.

I don't think they are selling!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you're right. With the run up to Christmas and folk generally feeling the pinch, splashing out on a new premium roadster is probably pretty low on the agenda. I know it is for us.

Our local dealer has offered a complimentary 'winter inspection' in a couple of weeks time I think. Maybe they will offer us a really stellar deal on an R172 200 in Palladium Silver, with 6M box and Sport Pack as a Chrimbo present..... :)

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK350
3,727 Posts
three seen around hull lately in red,black and silver

but now down to two after the silver one had a fight with a lorry while minding its own while parked up

of note the front end now looks loads better :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG
1,564 Posts
There is girl with a black 200 who parks in the same multistory car park at work. Goes like a snail and it took me 10 minutes to go up 10 floors at walking pace stuck behind her. Got a good look at the car from the back. Saw another one near Roundhay - another black 200, female driver, AMG wheels. Saw another one on sunday - another black.

Definitely not for me, the R172. Thats for sure.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I haven't seen any on the road, just ones parked in the showroom at the dealers. I agree, the r172 might not be that popular.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have only seen one on the road, but my dealer has sold three in the last two months. That is not bad given that Columbia, SC is not a big city.

I get favorable comments from strangers everywhere I go in this car. Never before have I received so many accolades about a car including previously owned Corvettes, Porsche, BMW Z4, MB Cabriolet, and others.

Great car -- love it, especially the front :tu:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,505 Posts
retguy, install the smarttop mod and get even more!

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Glenn - I think that might belong to my GP, there is a red R172 in the surgery car park. He also drives a lovely Aston Martin Lagonda in racing green.

I saw my first moving 172 in Morrisons in Guiseley just near there on Monday. It slowly crept around the corner of an aisle in the car park an crawled past me at walking pace. It does look very nice, probably helped by being so shiny and bright white compared to the usual old dirty Focuses and Passatts in the car park!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glenn - I think that might belong to my GP, there is a red R172 in the surgery car park. He also drives a lovely Aston Martin Lagonda in racing green.

I saw my first moving 172 in Morrisons in Guiseley just near there on Monday. It slowly crept around the corner of an aisle in the car park an crawled past me at walking pace. It does look very nice, probably helped by being so shiny and bright white compared to the usual old dirty Focuses and Passatts in the car park!
I think it was a female driver, but that could be your GP's other half I guess...

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
We met them socially a few years ago when they had a 171 and we'd just got ours. They said the 171 that was "hers" and the Aston was "his", but he was allowed to borrow the SLK when the Aston was playing up.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
There is a red 172 somewhere near me I got a quick view of it coming out of a side road. Will be on the lookout for it now

·
Registered
622 Posts
must admit I have only seen one other silver 172 up here is Newcastle, although the dealer had loads in and apparently sold quite a number.........

to those who dont like the look of the 172, I still think you should go have a drive in one and then say if you like it or not!, your not looking at its big nose when your behind the wheel ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.