Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

I've spent hours searching the net for a company that will recon the bower and nothing. I know I can get secondi from breakers Eric. But want to send mine and a refurb on back. Any ideas in the uk

·
Registered
274 Posts
if your talking about some of the settings for the heater blower not working then its a simple diy fix.
if by blower you mean the supercharger then sorry I haven't a clue

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,651 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
You'd be better off buying the one from the breakers.

I doubt there's anyone around who could actually do the job apart from an enthusiastic engineer with lots of time on their hands.

·
Registered
276 Posts
There used to be a guy on the uk mini forums who used to refurbish superchargers. I can't find any recent activity from him. I'm sure if an engineering company was to offer this service and promoted through thers forums, it would be a lucrative business.
mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah sorry guys, I assumed everyone had heard if the term "the blower", charger, supercharger, compressor, spinner.😊

I agree I can get one from a breaker but there is zero reason why that would be better than the one I have.

In any case, my point was that there seems to be loads of companies, uk or Europe that recondition superchargers, but I cannot find one that will recondition the blower.....sorry supercharger and hoped someone here knew of one. I mean its basically a few bearings and seals that need swapping.

I will have to call around and if I find one in the UK I will let all know.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts