Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at investing in both. I think I am ready to order a Karcher K2 compact pressure washer 1400w from Argos for £80 but by all accounts the lance is not great. Problem is that the recommended lances I read about online are all out of stock.
These are the
Autobrite magiflow and Pro-kleen snowpro.

Any other recommendations?
Cheers

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,893 Posts
Well, as you asked: I tried two of the top-rated on Amaz and neither of them worked as pictured.

You still need "pressure" ie hand washing to get all that dirt off per ALL the unbiased reviews I've found (and I do mean not reviews that users report).

Just my opinion.

Reactions: Davyd1975

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am having paint correction and ceramic coating applied to the car. Kept outside with a cover when i'm not using it for long periods so want to do my best to look after it but, I do not have the time, patience, nor back strength to constantly clay bar,polish, wax so believed this may be the best way to maintain the car

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
492 Posts
I use a K2 with the standard lance and it’s fine. I just stay away from directly jetting the seals and I’ve had no water ingress or damage.

In truth, I’m forced to park under a Lime Tree and the sap (and clear, sticky aphid poo) is a constant battle. I will invest in a decent cover eventually but my car is a daily user so may prove inconvenient.

Every few days I jet was the car and find no need for soap. The water beads off the Turtle Wax Hard Shine always leaving the car looking great.

If you are anywhere near Sheffield you’re welcome to take mine for a week or two and try it out.

ATB John.

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use a K2 with the standard lance and it’s fine. I just stay away from directly jetting the seals and I’ve had no water ingress or damage.

In truth, I’m forced to park under a Lime Tree and the sap (and clear, sticky aphid poo) is a constant battle. I will invest in a decent cover eventually but my car is a daily user so may prove inconvenient.

Every few days I jet was the car and find no need for soap. The water beads off the Turtle Wax Hard Shine always leaving the car looking great.

If you are anywhere near Sheffield you’re welcome to take mine for a week or two and try it out.

ATB John.
What a fantastic offer, thank you. Only up the road in Wakefield. Will pm you.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,304 Posts

ATB John.
Davyd is the Stockyard meets organiser ;)
Even when he hasn't got his car!

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
492 Posts
I use this on a hose pipe! It’s good stuff that leaves a decent shine and lasts ages... foam on, sponge, jet wash off and finish with the Demon shine (although not often)... if you have a decent wax, you really only need to jet wash. Some foams remove the original wax to fix a new layer that might not be as good.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
89 Posts
I’ve got a nilfisk C120 I think and a foam Lance from clean your car. I’ve always tried to buy a pressure washer with an induction motor so there’s no brushes to worry about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts