Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
As some may know I am approaching my second year of prideful ownership...so I went to the local approved service centre for the annual service...
That alone cost me £600+ for a 4th year service...
and they came back with a list of fixes needed for a grand total of £2000 !
Note the car has only 25.ooo on the clock...
These included:
Brake pads and Disks £490
Adjustment of bearings £150
So I searched on the MB forum for the best review of an independent...
Called Terry at Wayne Gates, family run small MB only garage at it's second generation apparently...small premises, bit messy but moving soon to new garage it seems.
Terry fit me in the following day, inspected the car, confirmed what other had said...ie no need for new disks, fitted new brake pads (MB originals), spent plenty of time explaining what he was doing etc, adjusted the bearings for FREE,
and came up with a total charge of £110 !!!
He gained a new customer for (car)life...

So, anyone in the South East: Wayne Gates in Harrow

(Of course I have no affiliation with the business reviewed.)
A.

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,876 Posts
moving from club and regional discussion to repair shops, Great Britain.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wayne Gates in London

Hi All,
Come back after a few months to complete the story on a great independent in London...
Went back to Wayne Gates a year later thinking:" my brake disk must be needing a change by now..."
Terry insisted I would be wasting my money by changing the disks...even if he was already booked to work on my car on this for the morning!
Same story when I asked him to look at my handbrake that the official dealership had quoted for a £150 adjustment...
Super honest, clearly knowledgeable and now has larger more flexible premises...highly recommended.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts