Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my bumper dent fixed and the scrapes at the bottom re-painted. Cost me $250, for additional $50 the shop took care of all minor stone chips and scratches all over the car (not that the car had many in the first place).

I thought the job was decent and i'll be going back to him sometime this week to see if he can take off extra paint blobs thats left over the bumper. Looked like a rushed job (took him a day), but overall he did a decent job in matching the paint and excellent with removing the dent. By the way, he did not take off the bumper which is good :)

You can see the before pics in the thread below. I'll be updating it with 'after' pics soon..

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-general-discussion/10959-possible-hit-n-run-any-advice-fix-pics.html

The shops info:
Aero Colours
225 Sherman Avenue
Pennsauken, NJ 08110
Chuck Krepelka
Cell: 609-868-0925

You can give my referrence to Chuck. Tell him Moe with the Benz SLK had come to you for bumper fix.

If you guys got any shops, please do recommend.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Good to hear you've had it taken care of and are satisfied.

Recommend a body shop? Hell no! In South Florida, most operate by the principal "as long as it's in the ballpark", IE it looks attached and somewhat like the color it should be, they're golden.

The MB of Ft. Lauderdale "offsite Marrone Collision Center" that totalled my 1,315 mile 2005 was closed as part of State Farm's lawsuit against Autonation settlement.

The Coral Gables MB dealer's Silver Arrow Collision Center took a year to get my car water tight and driver's door closing correctly after replacing the door skin due to a very low speed bump into the door. It was on the character line so they figurered they couldn't pull it out. Sure, I LOVED slamming my door 3 times each entry like a $300 Camry so it would actually shut. ;-)

If anything happens to my car, even a small bumper repair, I think I'm gonna ship it up north.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow....i would have thought FL would have as many good shops as here. Guess not...

By the way, this was the cheapest guy i picked. I'm sure the higher up ones would have been more quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts