Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had five benz's now. I'm a mechanic. This one needs a motor, which I already had! Sweet looking car, silver outside, black and red inside.
My other car is a 95 S320, AKA "The Tank". I had a C230k before, sold it. Thats why I had an extra engine laying around , (approx 50kmi.motor). Car is an auto, so will install a new torque converter while doing the motor.
Interior is not bad, just the common peeling,chipping, rubbing off vinyl.
I think I'm going to strip and recoat the center console body, glove compartment and surrounding area, drivers gauge bezel & area in the silver body paint. I have some really durable & shiny clear coat to top coat it with. Center console lid re-wrap in black vinyl.
I found that the rear antisway bar used on later 170's, which my early car did not get, can be found on C/CLK's ( already bought with harware), may have to fabricate some small brackets to connect the endlink if the early spindles do not have the bolt-up spot. The larger front bar seems to be from a W202 C class.
I like the Wind restrictor brand 3/8" thick polycarbonate windscreen, but the cost is too much right now. I'll probably buy some 3/8" Lexan polycarbonate, and cut the shape, polish the edges. Cost me $35-$40 to make.
Let the fabrication begin!!!:bannana:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,481 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Moderator

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from southern California.

Photo documents of the fabrication/modifications would be much appreciated, especially pic-tutorials.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan via Richardson Texas.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts