Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone post a picture of the pattern of their rear window defroster grid lines? The top three lines on mine aren't working and they're not a part of the same horizontal electrical grid as the rest of the defroster grid. Upon inspection, I noticed a short vertical line connecting to the top horizontal line of the top grid on the drivers side. But on the passenger side, the same vertical line stops short of the horizontal line by about 1/8" inch. I'm suspecting this is the missing part of the circuit but would like to verify before I reconnect it with a Permatex repair kit. So if someone can post a pic of the top two corners of their defroster grid showing the vertical line, I would greatly appreciate it.

·
* Administrator (Premium Member)
37,776 Posts
Can someone post a picture of the pattern of their rear window defroster grid lines? The top three lines on mine aren't working and they're not a part of the same horizontal electrical grid as the rest of the defroster grid. Upon inspection, I noticed a short vertical line connecting to the top horizontal line of the top grid on the drivers side. But on the passenger side, the same vertical line stops short of the horizontal line by about 1/8" inch. I'm suspecting this is the missing part of the circuit but would like to verify before I reconnect it with a Permatex repair kit. So if someone can post a pic of the top two corners of their defroster grid showing the vertical line, I would greatly appreciate it.
Did you ever get any reply - I've just noticed mine is exactly the same and just wondered if you had received an explanation.
Best to use quote, then they get notified of your post.

OP has not been online since may.

·
Registered 2015 SLK250d
64 Posts
According to the MB dealer in Portsmouth, UK the top three elements form part of the radio aerial.

Can this be confirmed

Derek

·
* Premium Member
No SLK
105 Posts
I would be very surprised if there are antennae in the rear window - it folds into the boot!

My R172 has a whole maze of antennae in the front windscreen.

Reactions: Avel Du

·
Registered 2015 SLK250d
64 Posts
I would be very surprised if there are antennae in the rear window - it folds into the boot!

My R172 has a whole maze of antennae in the front windscreen.
Just confirmed it with my dealer. He said the same thing. The question now has to be "Does the radio reception (either FM or DAB) degrade if the roof is down

Derek

·
* Premium Member
No SLK
105 Posts
My rear window heater works all but the top line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.