Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered 2003 SLK200
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post recently, that Jeff had reinstated the photos in it, on the rear wheel bearings.
Can I find it again? Nope:(

Anyone point me in the right direction?
Yes, I have done a search:laugh:

TIA.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,268 Posts
I'm at appointment
Will look on my return
Search
Jaysonm

·
Registered 1997 SLK230
268 Posts
I saw a post recently, that Jeff had reinstated the photos in it, on the rear wheel bearings.
Can I find it again? Nope:(

Anyone point me in the right direction?
Yes, I have done a search

TIA.
If you are looking to replace the rear wheel bearings I would strongly recommend the Pelican Parts how to article. I followed these instructions and whilst not exactly a piece of cake it enabled me to succesfully renew both sides ok.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,268 Posts

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,213 Posts
of no use to OP

·
Registered 1997 SLK230
268 Posts
Thanks Borris.
I have seen that. I just need to get the hubs off. I have a guy that will do the bearing pressing for me.
Yes that bit is the challenge... I used a (very) large bearing splitter clamped on just behind the hub and wound it out as per the Pelican Parts how to by using the wheel bolts. Had to move the splitter a couple of times and it did put a burr on a couple of the bolts but I just ran a die down the threads to clean them up afterwards.

The worst part of the job was actually getting the wheel bearing retaining circlip in after the new bearings were in place. But once I bought the right tool for the job it was ok. Also I ground a little metal of the outer circumference of one of the removed bearings so I could use it to carefully tap the new one in after putting it in the freezer overnight and applying a small amount of heat to the hub with a hot air gun.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.