Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas where I can get a rear view mirrow auto dimming for a 2001 SLK plus I need another key fob for this car not sure where to buy those either.

Thanks

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
do you already have the car? your profile says looking to buy
key fob, best bet is the dealer

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
Great!, then I can say this:

Please update your vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t already.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘vehicle’.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done

Sorry about that have not had pictures taken yet so was waiting for that before posting that I had bought a 2001 SLK 3.2

I have now undated without any pictures.

:Beer:

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can buy them on e-bay new or used. Or if you have one that has glass with the lava lamp look, you can have the mirror replaced by Sybesma's Electronics for $97. I had mine done last week, and it looks and works great.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
I have these two people for mirrors.

our auto dimming mirror repair is $89 plus shipping and includes a one year warranty. Turnaround is typically 1 business day. Please let me know when you ship the mirror and I will email an invoice to you. We accept PayPal, Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover.

Please ship to:
Scott Wheeler
Radar-Mirror.com
2520 Sedalia Ct
Frisco, TX 75034
972-571-7427
Regards,
Scott Wheeler
972-571-7427
[email protected]
www.radar-mirror.com

Then I have this one:

Thank you for contacting us. Exchange pricing is as follows:
US Residents: $79 + S/H
Canada & Mexico residents: $150USD
Overseas residents: $175USD
**For international customers please note that your country may have additional surcharge fees upon the return of your product. These charges are not included in the price above and will not be paid by Sybesma’s Electronics

We do require your defective mirror be returned to us once you have received a functioning mirror. A pre-paid return service label is provided for residents of US, Canada & Mexico only. Overseas customers will need to return the unit at their own expense. Failure to return your defective unit within 30 days will result in a non-refundable core charge of $200USD.

Please note that we do not support mirrors with the home link option. (Home link is a 3 button option on the bottom of your mirror allowing operation of a garage door)

The attached form will need to be completed in full and pictures of the following will need to be included for us to determine what mirror it is that you are in need of. If an order is sent and is incomplete we will make one email attempt to obtain information before it is discarded.

-Front and rear views of the mirror-the mirror must be removed from the windshield in order to obtain these photos.
-The plug, pins, and any wires
-The mounting bracket located on rear of the mirror.

Please make sure these photos are clear and in focus.

Do not open the black casing surrounding the mirror as this will cause damage and the unit will no longer be valuable as an exchange and you will be charged the full purchase price of $200.00.

BMW OWNERS ONLY: If your mirror has a white sticker on the “neck”, and it contains a number that begins with a 7, all we need is a photo of that sticker in addition to the order form filled out to the best of your ability. If your mirror does not have this sticker, please remove your mirror and follow the above process.

You may include your credit card number on your order form or we will call you for this information when your mirror is ready to be shipped. Thank you

Thank you,
Sybesma’s Electronics
616-392-6911

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will post picture when I can the wife left for China/Tibet Friday and took the only camera we have and the only cell phone with a camera so will have to wait for her to get back...17 days hang in their it'll be worth the wait, honest.

Will let you know about the mirror have a lead on a used one local so will check that out first.

Bill:Beer:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Minion
5,602 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is all this mirror discussion regarding refurbishment applying to the inside or outside mirrors? I need to refurbish the left outside mirror. It has a new inside mirror.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts