Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the lava lamp rear view in my pre-facelift. I have managed to acquire a manual dip version so want to know:
1. How to remove old lava lamp one
2. will the replacement fit on same mount
3. And by disconnecting the plug, will i receive error codes anywhere?

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
So , supposedly normal in shape and size ?

If so , to remove , use a roundish tool ( screwdriver / allen key or simolar ) to turn the base of the mirror , against the winscreen , 90 degrees , normal mirror should fit the same mount and can't see any visible error codes coming up ...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Took mine out and sent to Sybesma electric for repair ($97) shipping back including last week. i don't know about pre facelift bu no error after remove it on my slk320 2002

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers, don't appear to be anybody this side of the pond who refurbs them so i decided to buy the manual one for £20 (ebay) & just do with that instead :tu:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i thought it was going too well! dropped the 2 sunvisors off (4 screws) & the header was loose enough to reach in & unplug the mirror connector block. Reassembled it all & then on to the mirror removal.
Used a thin screwdriver & tried to lever it off with no joy. Checked the manual one & saw its only held on by a double spring clip.
So off i go again being a bit more forceful & bang!!! The mirror/mount & a 2" circle of glass come off! I now have to horizontal cracks heading away from mount point, running along the tint/black area.

So after a lot of swearing, i decide to Araldite the mount/glass piece back in to the hole i had created. It worked a treat. Fitted manual mirror on & jobs done.

All i have to do now is wait a while & claim on me insurance for a new screen, can't do it now as my last car was only done 4 months ago!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.