Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to fix this or is it junk? Question two ... how do you swap the mirror without ruining your headliner and windshield :)

Basically top half shows clear, bottom half show dark electrolyte.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I would say that it's trash. Do a search - lots of good info including videos on removing and installing the mirror. It's just a twist off/twist on operation, but it helps to watch the video first, so you see how it works.

Len

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I figured it was toast, just going out on a limb. Found some new ones on ebay for 1/2 dealer cost. I need to change it its really annoying.

Funny, the dealer I bought from suggested a 3rd party mirror for $20, said it would be wider and you can see more :) LoL

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Hi ,Do the search , there is a company that repair the mirror , belive they are in Michigan. They send you a repaired unit and you send them yours. I belive it was about $100.00

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi ,Do the search , there is a company that repair the mirror , belive they are in Michigan. They send you a repaired unit and you send them yours. I belive it was about $100.00
Thanks, I'll check them out. I was also going to try used parts as this is a pretty old car. Anyone have a good tip on MB used parts dealer in US/Canada?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Very good chance that a used mirror will be getting close to what you are experiencing now. For $100 I think you are better off getting a "new" exchange one.

Len

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very good chance that a used mirror will be getting close to what you are experiencing now. For $100 I think you are better off getting a "new" exchange one.

Len
Good point, I was thinking the same thing. I checked with that company linked here and they don't have any exchange units but will repair mine by swapping out the glass if I send it in and wait. They cautioned they might break the housing tho. I found new ones OEM online for $200 so I might just go that route. The repair was around 140 I think incl canada shipping. I'm impressed that they actually fix them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would say that it's trash. Do a search - lots of good info including videos on removing and installing the mirror. It's just a twist off/twist on operation, but it helps to watch the video first, so you see how it works.

Len
Where is this video you speak of Len? I'm not sure what to twist.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.