Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in installing a rear view camera in my R171. I have a pioneer AVIC 7000 NEC unit installed in the car. My question is: Has anyone performed this installation? I am interested in how to run the video cable to the head unit and where to connect the wiring in the trunk.

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
105,263 Posts
Have you searched the forum yet my new friend :D :D

·
105,263 Posts

·
105,263 Posts
Members will reply if and when they can. Europe sleeping zzzzzz
Remember, search be your friend, like me! :D

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
270 Posts
I am interested in installing a rear view camera in my R171. I have a pioneer AVIC 7000 NEC unit installed in the car. My question is: Has anyone performed this installation? I am interested in how to run the video cable to the head unit and where to connect the wiring in the trunk.
if you want to be lazy, you can ways get the wireless one so you don't have to route the wire from the back to the front of your car, but I did use the wire one since it's not that hard, you can go under the carpet

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,777 Posts
I used a wireless one so as not to have to put too many wires in the loom that goes from the trunk to the lid ( a known trouble point ) , but I still needed to run one cable from the trunk to the head unit to activate the auto reverse screen ...

The reverse camera needs to be connected to the reverse wire on one of the rear tail lights , it's the first or second wire in the connector from the top , best to use a voltmeter to check which wire you need , when checking you need to leave the connector , connected to the light , otherwise you won't get a proper reading , due to the canbus system .

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,030 Posts
There's plenty of posts on here detailing the route for the wiring and how to remove the necessary panels ..

I'll see if I can dig out some links later ..

Reactions: mlehere

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,758 Posts
Hi All
I be keeping an eye on the post with interest as I to think this could be a good idea , Or you could get an Airdog to follow you around
https://youtu.be/WsL_X3rF1Ow

Cheers

Andy
p.s. When looking into your rear view mirror if things start to look like they are getting smaller its ok that normal .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.