Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The outside of the tires look like there is another 10k miles life left in them. When I jacked the rear up to install new fuel pump I noticed tires are worn on inside. So much worn that the tire cord is showing. This is the same for both left and right rear tires.

What would be the cause for such an uneven tire wear? Can this be a DIY fix or a re-alignment when I have new tires installed?

Thanks, Ad

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
624 Posts
the camber on the rears are set so that you will get that uneven wear, on the R171
Have you tried a search on the subject?

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,444 Posts
Suggest you get new tires and have a wheel alignment done. There is a bolt package you might need to get to change the chamber of the rear tires to reduce the inside wear.

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,516 Posts
I have a tire guy that I've known for years, he put my car up on the rack and told me that it's within spec. Mercedes set it up that way to improve its handling. My car eats rear tires, and so does most everybody else who drives their car "spirited"! The inner shoulder wear is far more rapid than the outer, the only thing I've seen to give me a slightly longer wear is to raise the pressure a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.