Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I have an 05 SLK350 with 19" wheels. I always noticed the rear tires wear faster on the inside. I have done search but most people have lowered their car. Mine is stock. Better for the wife that way. So the question is do you think I have a bad suspension component like a bushing or do you recommend a camber it? I seeing several camber kits but don't know which one would be better or last longer. I have 117k miles.

Thanks, Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After reading other post I guess mine is not bad and is normal a little bit more wear on the inside since it sounds like these car are set with a little negative camber.

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,437 Posts
That’s about normal wear. My 350 09 wore about the same. Anywhere from 9000 to 17,000 miles depending on the tire. Really didn’t matter how I drove it.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,694 Posts
After reading other post I guess mine is not bad and is normal a little bit more wear on the inside since it sounds like these car are set with a little negative camber.

They are certainly set with quite a bit of negative camber, which means if you 'hoof' it from a standstill, the inner edge gets extra wear. When I said mine were 'worse', I meant to say that they were not just more worn, but more uneven than yours too.

FWIW, check your fronts also!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Front is good. I pretty much have replaced all components in the front. I just did the tie rods service so I'm taking the car for aligment on Monday. Putting two new rear tires tomorrow. That's why I was wondering if I should put one of those camber bolt bushing kit. I think the tires have me good mileage and it rides good so probably I will leave leave it as is. Just to be sure in checking the rear suspension tomorrow to see if I see something worn-out. Thanks

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG & 2006 Kleemann 55K S8
911 Posts
It is a german thing, BMW's wear the inside a lot more also. I am going to have some negative camber taken out of the rear of mine as I am more worried about straight line traction, which I don't have nearly enough of.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
19 Posts
I addressed my issue by ordering a pair of adjustable camber rods for unbeatable deal from China ebay (Taobao). Have been using them for more than a year and they have been working fine

I understand sellers in ebay also carry them. You may also search the internet there are specifications available for building your own in even better deal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts