Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 SLK350 and I noticed that the passenger rear tire is wearing 2x as fast as the drivers side rear tire. I have only had the car for a couple of years and was wondering if this is normal or sign of an issue. The tire is wearing beautifully - just as you would want - but much faster than the other.

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,105 Posts
When was the car giving a 4 wheel alignment last?
Rebalance the tires? maybe a 'weight' has come off.
same pressure in both tires?
same brand of tire?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tires are same brand - alignment when I got it - same tire pressure. Will check on weights.

I am going to be putting it in storage soon as winter is about to arrive ... will get this all fixed up next spring.

·
98,105 Posts
Misaligned wheels can diminish the life of your tires by causing rapid and uneven treadwear. Properly aligned wheels improve driver safety, enhance your driving control, increase fuel efficiency and maximize the life of your tires.

·
98,105 Posts
4 wheel alignment or wheels balanced? 2 different things, just want to make sure.

·
98,105 Posts
you'd know the difference $ wise. 4 wheel alignment much more.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,440 Posts
My MB dealer does a 4 wheel alignment check free when you take it in for service. The equipment is set up it the check in bay as you arrive at the dealership. When they installed the system they send out a notice inviting owners to come by any time for a free check. Nice to know some dealers are not greedy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.