Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
18,679 Posts

·
* Premium Member 2004 SLK350
5,453 Posts
Did the car failed mot or how did you find the rear subframe is bad?

·
Administrator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
18,679 Posts
Not having a 171, this is just a curiosity question. Do they also replace required bushings and any other worn parts associated with the subframe F.O.C.?
AND out of my curiosity, what does F.O.C. mean?

·
* Registered
2005 SLK280
1,467 Posts
Not having a 171, this is just a curiosity question. Do they also replace required bushings and any other worn parts associated with the subframe F.O.C.?
I was wondering this when I replaced mine.
The subframe comes complete with all necessary bushes ,but not sure if they would use new bolts for subframe or use your old ones?

·
Registered 2005 SLK200
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All the bolts are new and the car must be a few kilos heavier because of all the waxoil that's been sprayed under the subframe and on it also I've been told that some slk owners in the UK have had the subframe replaced even after it's been wielded just need to find a friendly dealership

·
* Registered looking for SLK
6 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm still considering an SLK. Is rust on the rear subframe a common problem area? Where do they normally go and are some model years worse than others?

Assuming that you cannot find such a helpful dealer as Brava 91, is it an expensive job to replace and / or a potential car killer?

Thanks,
LeeP

1 - 20 of 41 Posts