Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just bought an o7 slk 350. i want to put on a rear deck lid spoiler. has anyone installed the amg factory spoiler? i think they may be very expensive. has anyone installed one from another supplier. if so how does it look and where can you buy or view them? anyone add the front spoiler from mercedes?

thanks

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Great idea, I highly recommend. Many have installed the AMG spoiler. I think it's a great finishing touch to the SLK. Several places to purchase from. I got mine (wifey's SLK) from www.formymercedes.com , cost was $319 plus shipping. I think you can get the same item from www.spoilerdepot.com for less. Check this link for info, both sites to compare prices. Not so sure about the front spoilers (I assume the type from the SLK Launch Edition). Hard to keep from scrapping and damage.

http://formymercedes.com/mb_results.asp?model=R171&class=slk-class&category=Spoilers

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
i have just bought an o7 slk 350. i want to put on a rear deck lid spoiler. has anyone installed the amg factory spoiler? i think they may be very expensive. has anyone installed one from another supplier. if so how does it look and where can you buy or view them? anyone add the front spoiler from mercedes?

thanks
If you buy a used one you have to look for the edges while fixing - not very easy. Therefor you need a special adhesive stripes. A new one you get varnished with the stripes included, it´s the easier way. Piecha.com is selling similar spoiler lips, colored if you like, for small money, too.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Piecha spoiler is recommended....cheaper and actually suits the slk better as it is marginally larger.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
I agree, I've seen the peicha one a couple of members photo's they are larger.

If you want something totaly extreme, the full Carlsson look.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a OEM style rear lip spoiler from Woodview with 3M tape . Anyone have any experience with installation? Does the adhesive hold on the corners, and not lift after some time in use? Tx Bruzee

·
Registered
15 Posts
i am also shopping for a new spoiler for my slk.. need suggestions.. actually i like the SL65AMG Black edition mini gt wing type of spoiler.. anyone know where to get it?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,648 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.