Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I put the amg brakes on my slk 200k, that's the 6-pots calipers for the front and the 4-post calipers for the rear.

For the front, no worry, it fit perfectly without modifications.

But for the rear, i have to change de 4 screwed for the rear calipers, so the screwed to fix the calipers.

The screwed from the 55 are too long, my MB dealer sell me 4 others but it don't fit.

Someone knows the MB reference for this screwed?

Best regards.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes, i'm thinking about that but i don't know, that's the screwed which fix the calipers and i don't want to take some risks...

If it's possible, i prefer to buy the right screwed... I know that i'm not the first to make this mod, so i hope that someone have the reference :-D

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,204 Posts
Hi everyone,

I put the amg brakes on my slk 200k, that's the 6-pots calipers for the front and the 4-post calipers for the rear.

For the front, no worry, it fit perfectly without modifications.

But for the rear, i have to change de 4 screwed for the rear calipers, so the screwed to fix the calipers.

The screwed from the 55 are too long, my MB dealer sell me 4 others but it don't fit.

Someone knows the MB reference for this screwed?

Best regards.
So that is two bolts for each side for a total of four? The factory AMG bolts are 10mm x 30mm long which is a standard metric bolt (flange head). Figure out how much too long they are and go to a good hardware store and buy the correct length (at a fraction of the cost from MB). They should come in 5mm increments and have a thread pitch of 1.5 but confirm the thread pitch with one of the bolts that are too long. Based on the torque spec from the factory service manual of 55Nm (62 Ft Lbs) you will need the bolts to have a torque rating of 12.9 (marked on the head of the bolt).

·
Fanatical Owner
272 Posts
I would advise you to cut the oem bolts to the correct length instead of buying new bolts even if you can find the correct torque values on the bolt head.

This is because even if the bolts have the same torque rating, it can still be made out of a different material and the steel can have different properties.

If you use the OEM bolts then you know that you keep the oem safety of the bolts with concern of material properties :)

In something as important as your brakes, I would not use just "any bolt with correct torque rating" from the hardware store.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts